?

Log in

diy_dollclothes

Sewing and Knitting for dolls lately

« previous entry | next entry »
Aug. 30th, 2007 | 08:27 am
mood: productive
posted by: susan402 in diy_dollclothes

I have this sinking suspicion that the last time I intended to post here, I posted to another doll comm instead. Heat melting my brain. So I've got a bunch of pictures of what I've been doing lately.








I'm really trying to get myself moving for Christmas. I have a bunch of Barbie and Blythe things I want to make, but I also have a My Twinn on the way and I think that's going to be a terrible distraction.

Link | Leave a comment | Share


Comments {3}

susan402

From: susan402
Date: Aug. 30th, 2007 02:29 pm (UTC)
Link

One of the things that really helps me with Barbie is lining stuff. A lot of the patterns you buy will have small facings or have you turn down and hem these tiny, curved areas. Blech. Not only is that hard, but it doesn't look very nice inside either. When I make patterns either I fully line the bodice or I make a facing that includes the neckline and the armhole area. Sometimes it's a little tight trying to turn it right side out after sewing everything, but it works better for me than anything else I've tried.

Reply | Parent | Thread